Monday, January 15, 2007

Coming Down to the Wire

Almost there...after a year and a half of planning, I will finally start pedaling on Monday.

A lot has been going down in the past few days...I had a cortizone shot in my knee on thursday...A radio interview and my last day at work on friday...a benefit concert that night...and finally, a very nice presentation at my work holiday party on saturday night.

I visited Doctor Cosca again on thursday morning and we decided to go ahead with the cortizone shot. I stayed off the bike for two and a half days and I went for a very short ride last night and a 20 miler this afternoon. The knee is a little sore but it is a different sore and I think it is just from having a large needle in it a few days ago. Other than that, I am confident that everything will be fine.

Friday morning I was on 100.5 with Monica and Kevin at 830am. I had a great time and I was pleased with my performance (Im not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous). Monica was a great host and we answered a few phone calls and had a great time. Special thanks to Brian Rosendahl (Rosie) for setting this interview up, hopefully I will be calling in with updates from the road.

Friday night was the benefit concert at Faces in Downtown Sacramento. Thanks to Daniel Ramsey for getting this thing together. We also had a lot of support from John Goddard and Angela Gentry, thanks guys! Brennon Moore was the singer who set us up with the location. Brennon was great but got cut short because the club had to get their thing going. I would estimate that we had 50 people and we raised $859, a great success.
I think we all felt a little out of place but it turned out to be a lot of fun!

Tim and Dori


Joyce and Lyle


Bethany and Me

The next night was the Brown and Caldwell holiday party. Right after dinner, they showed my short informational video and presented me with a video camera to document my adventure. Brown and Caldwell has been very supportive of my journey and I really appreciate all that they have done.


Hardcore Engineers

Thats all for now, I gotta get to bed, lots to do tomorrow, its coming down to the wire...

3 comments:

cmbryant said...

I didn't see any hardcore pocket protectors on those hardcore engineers.

Spinner said...

Love to ride with you in Texas 'some where', let me know.
David

Spinner said...

You had a over a year to ... get ready - I'm hoping that I can be ready 'quick' so I can ride with you some where in Texas.